Veg Momos Recipe, Learn how to make Veg Momos. Momos are Native dish of Nepal, Tibet & North East India. veg Momos have now become a famous street food.
- Maida(finely milled wheat flour)
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper
Method to prepare maida dough-:
- Take one big cup maida flour in a bowl or paraat to make dough
- Add half teaspoon salt and knead the dough
- Rub one table spoon oil in your hands and again knead the dough to make it soft.
- Keep the dough aside for 15-20 minutes.
Method to prepare momos stuffing-:
- Grate cabbage, raddish and onions.
- Take grated cabbage raddish and onions in a bowl and add one tablespoon salt and mix it well.
- Then remove excess water from the mixture by squeezing it and then take it in another bowl.
- Add one table spoon black pepper, half tablespoon salt(or accprding to taste), half tablespoon vinegar, one table spoon soy sauce, one tablespoon oil and mix it well.
- Momos stuffing is ready.
Method to make momos-:
- Take a very small amount of maida dough and roll it in hands to make it round, then roll the dough in dry maida flour and then using a rolling pin(belan) roll it thin until it becomes slightly transparent.
- Then fill the momos stuffing into it and then seal the momos by sticking its edges together.
- Prepare all the momos according to above mentioned steps.
- Add water in your momo maker bowl and bring it to boil.
- Grease momo maker plate with oil and keep momos in the plate and cover the momo maker with lid.
- Steam it for about 10 minutes on medium flame and the momos are ready to serve.
(if you do not have momo maker you can use idli maker to make momos or you can also use any utensil over which a sieved plate can be placed).
How to make Momos chutney-:
- 15-20 dried red chillies
- 3 tomatoes
Steps to make chutney-:
- Take 15-20 dried red chillies remove their stem and soak them in water for approx. 30 minutes.
( you can remove chilli seeds if you don’t want want your chutney to be more spicy)
- Cut the tomatoes into half remove the top portion of tomatoes and take them in a pan then add soaked chillies into pan and add 1-2 cups of water.
- Boil it for 5-7 minutes until the skin of tomatoes separate.
- Drain the chillies and tomatoes and let them cool
- After the tomatoes are cool then remove off their skin.
- Then in a pan add 1tbs oil and chopped garlic, ginger and onions and fry them until onions become slightly golden brown.
- Now in a grinder add boiled chillies, tomatoes and fried garlic, ginger and onions, 1tbs sugar and salt(according to taste) and grind them.
- Momos chutney is ready to be served.