(serving -8 people)
- Milk – 1 L
- Lemon juice
For Matar Paneer
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Onions- 3 to 4
- Tomatoes- 2 to 3
- Peas -3 to 4 cups
- Garlic- 5 to 6 flakes
- Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – 2 tea spoons
- Coriander powder- 2 table spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 table spoon
- Salt – according to taste
- Garam masala powder – ½ tea spoon
- Coriander leaves
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
To make paneer
Boil milk in a pan & add lemon juice in the milk and stir till milk curdles. Remove pan from heat. Place a muslin cloth over a bowl and pour curdled milk over the muslin cloth. Add 2 to 3 cups of water on muslin cloth. Gather the corners of muslin cloth and tie them. Hang this bag for about an hour. Gently squeeze the bag and place it between 2 cutting boards. On the top board place a heavy object for about 2 to 3 hours until paneer layer becomes 1 cm thick. Remove the weight. Take out paneer from muslin cloth and cut it in to cubes.
To make Matar paneer
- Grind chopped onions and tomatoes separately in the mixer.
- Grind together ginger & garlic into paste.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add grinded onions and fry them untill the paste becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a few seconds.
- Then add tomato paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala and some water, mix them properly by stiring for about 1 to 2 mints, cover it and cook (approx 5 to 10 min) till oil show separately.
- Add boiled peas. Stir properly and cover and cook for about 15 to 20 mints on medium flame. add paneer and cook for about 5 mints.
- Garnish the matar paneer with coriander leaves.
- And serve hot.