Kaju katli is also called kaju barfi. It is one of the favourite sweet dish of many people and is made specially on festivals or any other occasions. It is a delicious sweet dish that can be made easily at home using very few ingredients.
- cashew nuts – 400gms
- water – 1 cup
- sugar- 1½ cup
To prepare cashew powder
- Take 2 cups of cashew (KAJU) nuts and grind them to make powder.(Note– CASHEWS SHOULD BE GRINDED IN THE POWDER FORM SO DO NOT GRIND THE CASHEW FOR TOO LONG TO PREVENT THEM FROM TURNING INTO PASTE)
- Strain the cashew powder through a sieve to separate out the big chunks of cashew
To prepare Cashew Dough
- In a pan take about ½ cup of water and add 1 cup of sugar into it, stir them properly so that sugar dissolves in water.(NOTE-WE DO NOT NEED TO PREPARE 1 OR 2 WIRED SYRUP WE JUST NEED TO DISSOLVE SUGAR INTO WATER)
- Add cashew powder and stir this mixture continuously to prevent formation of lumps, Mix it until it consistency becomes dense (Thick).
- Add 2 tablespoons of ghee & cook it on medium flame until it consistency becomes thick.
- Now turn off the flame and mix the paste thoroughly for a while.
To Prepare Kaju Katli.
- Grease a plate with ghee & transfer the cashew paste onto the plate and stir the paste continuously in the plate so that it cools down quickly.
- Then take a butter paper and grease it with ghee.
- Grease you hands with ghee and take cashew dough and place it onto butter paper, Cover the dough with butter paper.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin (Belan) and roll it to form approx. 1cm thick square and keep it in refrigerator for about 20 to 30 mints to cool it.
- Then take it out of refrigerator & cut it in diamond shape using a sharp knife.
- Decorate the kaju katlis with pistachio and kesar and serve.