- 3 medium potato
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For making chili potato-:
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon spring onion white chopped
- One medium onion sliced
- 1 small capsicum
- One green chili
- 1 tea spoon soya sauce
- 1½ teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- Salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon spring onion greens
- Wash and peel the skin from potatoes. Slice them into wedges in the same way as we do for french fries. Soak them in cold water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain the excess water from potatoes, and wipe them well with a kitchen towel to remove all the moisture from the potato pieces.
- In a bowl, add corn flour, pepper powder, salt and mix well. Add the drained and wiped potato pieces to this bowl, and toss gently so that the mixture gets coated on the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add the potato pieces in batches and fry them on medium flame till they become golden brown colour.
- Remove the potato pieces using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a kitchen tissue or an absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Keep them aside.
METHOD TO MAKE CHILI POTATO-:
- Heat 1½ – 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add finely chopped garlic, slit green chilli, and saute well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add spring onion white, thinly sliced onion, and saute again on high flame till onion turns transparent.
- Add tomato ketchup, soya sauce, red chilli powder, sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Take care while adding salt, as salt is contained in the sauce. Add few tablespoons of water to the pan and mix well. Stir well until it reaches a saucy consistency.
- Add sliced capsicum, and stir well until it gets cooked.
- Add the fried potato pieces, and mix well so that the sauce gets coated well on the potato pieces. Finally, add chopped spring onion greens. Turn off the flame
- Serve chili potato as a starter or as a side dish with fried rice.